Monday, February 4, 2019

January 28, 2019 Email

Hey guys.  That's good that everyone is doing well.  That's great to hear Brigham was able to perform his piece in front of the school.  That's good to hear that work is going well for everyone.  That is some really sad news about Gordon, I'm going to miss him a lot.  At least he will still be able to tell his great stories with those in heaven.  He is going to be dearly missed by tons of people.  Thank  you for continuing to support Meadow at her games.  She told me you guys met her parents.  Hopefully that went well.  That's cool you and dad got to go out snowshoeing.  Who could have guess that you would have over packed, ha ha!  And yes, it is so awesome that I get to Skype in and be in on the lessons with Meadow.  I just wish I was a better teacher.


Nothing too crazy or exciting has happened this week.  The most exciting day was probably when I went on exchanges with one of the zone leaders.  His name is Elder Anderson and he is from Dillon, Montana.  He's probably been my closest friend in the mission so far.  We went out and talked to everyone.  Going on exchanges with him and Elder Orr really show me what kind of missionaries they are and what kind of missionary I want to be.  We always work super hard on exchanges and it helps me build confidence in myself and my teaching.  We got transfer calls last night.  Elder Berrett is out and sadly, so is Elder Anderson.  Hopefully, I can get a new trainer who is pretty solid.  The only downside is that I still don't really know the people and I have to lead out on everything this transfer.


A spiritual experience that I had this week was a couple of days ago.  We had just got done helping this inactive lady move some stuff to her house and I was mad because we wasted so much time there because her and Elder Berrett have a really good connection.  After that I was in a bad mood because we wasted so much time and I said that we should go visit this other inactive family.  It was just a thought and I didn't think much of it.  When we got to the house we walked up and knocked and they answered and let us in.  Not even a minute inside the mother asked for a priesthood blessing.  All my contention went away because I knew that I had to focus on the faith and power of the priesthood instead of anger.  We gave her a blessing and it was a great experience.  She was so grateful that we stopped by.

Well, you guys are doing great and I miss and love you everyday.  I pray for you guys everyday.  I hope that you all have a great rest of the week.  Love you all.

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 11, 2019 Email

Hey guys!  I hope you are having a great Monday! This week was jam packed for me.  We had a temple trip Wednesday, zone conference Thursda...