Monday, January 28, 2019

January 21, 2019 Email

It's so weird not having snow.  This weather is stupid.



I was supposed to lead out this week but Elder Berrett didn't really let me.  He's been really getting on my nerves lately, but it's whatever.  Transfers are coming up and I'm pretty sure he's being shipped off to somewhere else because he's been here for 6 months.  The only downside to him leaving is that I still don't really know anyone.  Nothing too crazy happened here this week.  The days are pretty much just mixing together and it's kind of boring.  It's just the same stuff everyday.  Our finding is trash.  We haven't really found anyone new to teach but we are working with some less actives and getting them back.  It's almost as good as a baptism, the only difference is that they aren't stats or new members.  But yeah, nothing too interesting has happened.

President Nelson is coming to the Cardinals stadium to speak on February 10th and it is supposed to be the largest gathering of saints in the history of ever.  And we are going.  It's terrible seats, but it's still the prophet of God, so any seat is good for me.



A spiritual experience that I had was a couple weeks ago when I was reading my patriarchal blessing.*  I got about half way through and I was so overcome with the Spirit that I couldn't finish the rest because I would have been in tears.  I need to go over that more.  It is a God-given road map that will guide me for the rest of my life if I am faithful to it.  And that goes for everyone who has received their blessing.

My favorite scripture right now is 1 Nephi 3:7.  We are thrown trials left and right and the adversary is coming at us all the time.  But, the Lord will always provide a way.  I've really thought about how he is the Light of the world.  Light is the absence of darkness and thus the absence of evil.



I love you guys and miss you every day.  I will continue to pray for you and with the best for you.

Love,

Elder Smith

*Every worthy, baptized member is entitled to and should receive a patriarchal blessing, which provides inspired direction from the Lord.  Patriarch blessings include a declaration of a person's lineage in the house of Israel and contain personal counsel from the Lord.  As a person studies his or her patriarchal blessing and follows the counsel it contains, it will provide guidance, comfort, and protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 11, 2019 Email

Hey guys!  I hope you are having a great Monday! This week was jam packed for me.  We had a temple trip Wednesday, zone conference Thursda...