Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February 4, 2019 Email

Hey guys.  Good to hear that everything worked out with Gordon's funeral.  He was an amazing man and blessed the lives of so many people.

Yesterday was rough for finding because people would either get mad if we knocked on their door or just not talk to us at all because they were too focused on the super bowl.  It was still a good night of work though.  Everyone we talked to said the super bowl was pretty boring.

We go to the temple quarterly.  We are going later in the month, so I'm looking forward to that.

Nothing too nuts has happened this week.  Got a new companion, Elder Smith.  I can't tell you how many times we have heard Elder Smith squared.  He's an awesome missionary.  I'm going to learn a lot from him.  We talk to every single person we see and it's great.  Haven't had tons of success but eventually we'll find people that are ready.  We have to go through hundreds of "no"s to find the ones that say "yes".  I've got a good feeling about this transfer.




I'm learning to have a better attitude about the work.  It's just really slow.  I fell like I'm not being guided by the spirit as much as I should be.  That just means that I'm doing something that I need to work on.  I haven't really had a spiritual experience this week, but I know that I'll start to get them more often when I fix what I'm doing wrong.  I fell like I've been out forever and I just want time to start flying by.



Anyways, I hope you all have a great week and keep doing what you're doing.  Love you guys and miss you everyday.

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 11, 2019 Email

Hey guys!  I hope you are having a great Monday! This week was jam packed for me.  We had a temple trip Wednesday, zone conference Thursda...