Monday, January 28, 2019

January 14, 2019 Email

Hey guys,

This week has been interesting.  My companion and I were riding on a sidewalk path through a park and we both went down on a patch of mud.  My and my bike are all good, but my companion is less.  He broke his wrist and this morning we went and he got a full arm cast on it.  He keeps telling people the story more dramatic every time he says what happened.  It's been a good growth from a regular story to an elaborate story.  He uses it as a conversation piece all the time.  We got a car though, so that's a perk.  It's a 2018 Nissan Rogue.  They treat us pretty well here.  Tell Mitch that tiwi is stupid and I got an aggressive driving the second day of having it.  Apparently, they want us to drive safe in their cars.



We had a baptism on Friday.  It was pretty good.  It was a little girl (11) that is part of a part-member recent convert family.  She wanted to get baptized a while back, but we had to make sure she got all the lessons before she got baptized.  There are a couple more kids in that family that we are working on.



Our finding is pretty dang low.  We haven't found a new person to teach since I've gotten here.  We have to do 90 minutes of finding a day and we were promised some pretty big things if we do that.  I'm at the point where I'm doing the work because I have to.  I don't have a love for it yet and I probably won't for a while but it'll come.  My trainer is making me experience a lot this week, I will experience failure so that I can grow.  I'm going to crash and burn this this week, but it'll be good for me.

Anyways, love you guys and miss you everyday.  Keep up the hard work.

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 11, 2019 Email

Hey guys!  I hope you are having a great Monday! This week was jam packed for me.  We had a temple trip Wednesday, zone conference Thursda...