Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February 11, 2019 Email

Hey guys!  I hope you are having a great Monday!

This week was jam packed for me.  We had a temple trip Wednesday, zone conference Thursday and after that one of the traveling APs came out with us, interviews with President Wheeler Friday, exchanges with the zone leaders Saturday and President Russell M. Nelson Sunday.  I'll just go in the order of those.

Gilbert Arizona Temple

This past week I have really been struggling with getting spiritual promptings and it has really been making me mad.  I am out here doing everything that's asked of me and not getting the help I need so Elder Smith told me to go into the temple with the question of how I can receive spiritual promptings, and so I did.  As I was sitting in the celestial room, I said a prayer and asked.  After I got done I looked around and noticed that even when the sun is shining through the windows and everything is bright there are still the lights in the temple that are on.  I thought that was strange and then the thought came into my head:  "there is always light".  One of my favorite names for the Savior is the Light of the World.*  It didn't answer my question but it was what I needed to hear. *[John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:  he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.]

Celestial Room



First zone conference was pretty good.  President Wheeler talked a lot about how important the message we share is and the importance of tying our message back to the Atonement.  We did a lot of trainings and role plays.  (I hate role plays, they're dumb.)  We did a lot of them on how to do member missionary work and bridging anything to the gospel.  After that Elder Taylor came out with us and I got to see what a pro missionary does.  He goes home next transfer which is a bummer.  He's an awesome missionary and just an awesome guy.


In interviews with President Wheeler we talked about how we are losing about 80 missionaries around the November time frame and how us newbies need to be ready to lead the mission with the new mission president.  He has a lot of trust in me that I will be a good leader when the time is right.  We also talked about me not having spiritual promptings and he told me that the spirit speaks differently to everyone and some more stuff about that and it helped.  It's going to be a bummer to see President and Sister Wheeler go.  They are awesome.

I always learn a lot from exchanges with the zone leaders.  I went with Elder Hatch and he is a work horse.  I learned more about working hard and being obedient and diligent.







Going to see President Nelson was a great opportunity.  He, his wife, Elder Oaks and his wife all spoke.  President Nelson talked a lot about gathering scattered Israel and doing missionary work and how we are the Lord's covenant people when we are baptized.  He is a man of God and there is no denying that.  Out of all the talks though I probably liked Elder Oaks the most.  He talked about having faith and how to stay on the covenant path.


Other than that nothing has really happened.  We haven't had much success finding but that's the  usual so nothing new on that.  I really appreciate the "greenie" package that you guys sent.  I just imagine mom looking at all those things and mentioning all of what she is going to do with them and dad just shaking his head while mom is laughing.  I hope school is going well for Briggs.  Hopefully Mitch and Stockton are still grinding at their jobs and having good attitudes about them.  I hope and pray that mom and dad are less stressed with work and that they can get done all the work that is placed on their shoulders.  I love you guys and miss you everyday.

Love,

Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment

February 11, 2019 Email

Hey guys!  I hope you are having a great Monday! This week was jam packed for me.  We had a temple trip Wednesday, zone conference Thursda...